Invite your favorite meat-eaters over and whip up this carnivorous feast.
- step-by-step directions
- 1 pound Petrovac or Merguez sausage
- 4 lamb chops
- 1 calves liver
- 1 pound Thuringer Leberwurst (In casing)
- 2 pounds kirt steak
- 1 pound chicken wings
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- To Serve: To Serve: olive oil To Serve:
- 1 baguette (1/2-inch thick slices, cut on the bias)
- pickled red cabbage
- ajvar (roasted red pepper sauce)
- Greek yogurt
- 1 Cevapcici: Cevapcici: orange (sliced into wedges, to serve) Cevapcici:
- 1 pound ground beef
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- Marinade: Marinade: salt and freshly ground black pepper Marinade:
- 1 bunch mint leaves
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- zest of 1 orange
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- For the Cevapcici: In a large bowl, combine the ground beef, egg, garlic, cayenne pepper, paprika, nutmeg and season with salt and pepper. Shape into sausage shapes, about 3/4-inch thick. Skewer cavapcici onto popsicle sticks or skewers that have been soaked in water for at lest 30 minutes. Place in the refrigerator until ready to grill.
- Combine the ingredients for marinade. Place the calves liver in a baking dish and pour over marinade. Turn to soak. Cover and let marinate in the refrigerator for 1 hour or up to 8 hours.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat. Let the protein sit at room temperature 30 minutes prior to grilling.
- Brush the grill with olive oil.
- Season the lamb chops, skirt steak, and chicken wings generously with salt and pepper.
- Arrange the cevapcici, petrovac, lamb chops, calves liver, leberwurst, skirt steak, and chicken wings on the grill.
- Grill the cevapcici for 10 minutes on both sides for medium doneness.
- Grill the petrovac until browned and charred in places, about 15 minutes.
- Grill the lamb chops for 5 minutes per side for medium doneness.
- Grill the liver for 5 minutes per side.
- Grill the leberwurst for 5 minutes per side, until golden and charred.
- Grill the skirt steak for 4 to 5 minutes per side for medium doneness.
- Grill the chicken wings for about 7 to 8 minutes per side, or until juices run clear when pricked with a fork.
- Brush the bread slices with olive oil and grill for 2 to 3 minutes per side, until crusty and golden.
- Remove grilled meat to a cutting board. Slice into serving size pieces. Serve alongside grilled bread, sauerkraut, picked red cabbage, red pepper puree, Greek yogurt and orange slices.
Similar categories: Ingredients Beef Lamb Pork Courses & Meals Dinner Beef Pork Techniques BBQ & Grilling
Rock Shrimp and Egg Sandwich
Apple Tarte Tatin
Buttermilk Semifreddo with Candied Peaches
Cast-Iron Blueberry Cobbler
Green Chicken Enchiladas
Savory Breakfast Cauliflower Bake
Sausage Gravy and Bacon Biscuits
Italian Egg Boat
Waffle Pies with Herbed Eggs
Chai Tea Oatmeal