Celebrate the warm weather with this festive summer feast!
Mixed Grill Surf N' Turf
- 2 pounds merguez sausage
- 2 pounds Littleneck clams (scrubbed and debearded)
- 2 ears corn (cut into eighths)
- 1 pound new potatoes (halved)
- 3 cloves garlic (sliced)
- 2 limes (juiced and zested)
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves
- 1 jalapeno (sliced)
- 1 lager or light colored beer
- 1 fresno chile (sliced)
- 1 red onion (cut into wedges)
- salt and pepper
- extra virgin olive oil
- Heat your grill pan over high heat.
- Fold a large square of aluminum foil into an envelope. Place clams, potatoes, onion, jalapeno, fresno chile, garlic, corn, limes juice and zest, and cilantro in envelope. Pour in beer and olive oil and tightly seal envelope. Cook over high heat for 15-20 minutes, or until clams are open.
- Meanwhile, oil the other side of your grill. Once oil is heated, place the entire merguez round on the grill. Season with salt and pepper and a drizzle of olive oil. Grill on each side for 8-9 minutes.
- Once clams are open, gently pour envelope contents into a large serving dish. Top with lime juice. Serve with large chunks of merguez and grilled baguette.
Similar categories: Dinner