This dish is great for the spicy fanatics in your family!
Monster Shrimp with Orange Chili Glaze
- 1 tablespoon Asian red chili paste
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 chipotle chile in adobo sauce
- 2 pound extra-large shrimp (16 to 20-count size - shelled and deveined)
- 3 scallions (green parts only - cut into 1-inch pieces and plus extra for garnish
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed orange juice (about 2 oranges)
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup sriracha hot sauce (or to taste)
- zest of 1/2 orange
- Put the orange juice, cilantro, chili paste, olive oil, garlic, scallion, chipotle, sriracha and salt in a blender or food processor fitted with the metal blade and blend until smooth.
- Place the shrimp in a resealable bag and pour the orange juice mixture over the shrimp. Chill in a refrigerator or ice-filled cooler for 2 to 3 hours.
- Remove the shrimp from the marinade and discard the marinade.
- Grill the shrimp over medium-high heat until they are opaque in the centers, 3 to 4 minutes per side.
- Remove from heat and serve immediately. Garnish with orange zest and scallions.
Similar categories: Dinner