Scrambled Eggs, Ham, and Cheese Sandwich
Michael Symon's Moons Over Cleveland
- 1 Ham Steak
- 8 slices Sourdough Bread
- 6 Eggs (beaten)
- 1 stick of Butter (softened)
- Salt and Pepper
- 16 slices Gruyere Cheese
- Heat a griddle over medium-high heat. Heat a non-stick saucepot over medium heat. Grill the ham steak on both sides until slightly golden, about 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- Butter all the toast and place 8 pieces buttered side down on the griddle.
- Crack the eggs into a non-stick saucepot and mix with a spatula. Add 2 tablespoons of butter to the pot. Place pot over a medium-high heat and stir continuously, taking the pan on and off the heat, until the eggs are creamy and scrambled. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cut the ham steak in half. Return to the toast and place a slice of gruyere cheese on the unbuttered surface of each slice. Put 2 pieces of the cheesy bread together and top with a brick (or something heavy) to form 4 grilled cheese sandwiches. Once the grilled cheeses are melted, remove the bricks.
- Top 2 of the sandwiches with a slice of the ham steak and a spoonful of the scrambled eggs. Place another grilled cheese on top of the eggs to form a double grilled cheese sandwich stuffed with eggs and ham.
- Remove from the heat and slice into quarters. Serve while still hot.