Elevate traditional grilled cheese with creamy mozzarella and basil pesto.
Mozzarella Pesto Panino
- 1 pound Mozzarella (sliced)
- 1 cup Basil Pesto
- 4 small Ciabatta Rolls (halved)
- Salt and freshly ground Pepper
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- 2 Serranos (chopped and stems removed)
- 1 Jalapeno (chopped and stem removed)
- 2 pickled Jalapenos
- 1 pickled Cherry Pepper
- Preheat a grill over medium high. Spread a spoonful of pesto across each of the rolls, and top with a few slices of mozzarella, and season with salt and pepper. Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil and a pinch of crushed red pepper flakes.
- Place the sandwiches on the grill and place a kitchen brick on top and cook until toasted, about 5 to 10 minutes per side.
- Remove from heat and cut in half to serve. For more heat, combine the peppers in a food processor, pulse until finely minced, then add the pesto, and pulse until combined. Serve spicy pesto with adult sandwiches.