Master your favorite bar snack in your own kitchen.
- step-by-step directions
- 1 pound Low-Moisture Mozzarella Cheese (cut into 1/2-inch by 4-inch logs)
- 15 Egg Roll Wrappers
- Salt and Pepper
- Water for brushing
- Olive Oil
- Marinara Sauce (for dipping)
- Parmesan (for grating)
- Lay the egg roll wrappers in front of you like a diamond. Brush the surface lightly with water. Lay a piece of cheese on the lower third of the diamond. Season lightly with salt and pepper. Roll the cheese in the wrapper half-way then fold in the corners of the wrapper like a burrito. Continue rolling and press to seal the edges.
- Place a non-stick pan over medium-high heat and add about 1/8-inch of oil to the pan, or just enough to coat. Once the oil shimmers, place several mozzarella sticks in the pan. Let cook 1 to 2 minutes per side, or until golden brown all around.
- Remove from oil to a paper towel lined plate and season immediately with salt. Allow to cool slightly before serving. Plate with marinara sauce for dipping and top with grated parmesan.