Assorted mushrooms such as cremini, portobello, button, and shiitake provide a round flavor for the base of this meatless burger.
- step-by-step directions
- Olive Oil
- 1 small Onion (finely chopped)
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Chili Flakes
- 1 1/2 pounds chopped assorted Mushrooms (Portobello; Crimini; Button; Shiitake)
- 6 Garlic cloves (minced)
- 1/2 cup Quick Cooking Oatmeal Oats
- 3/4 cup grated Parmigiano
- 3/4 cup Breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Carrot
- 2 Eggs (beaten)
- 1/3 cup Parsley (chopped finely)
- 1 tablespoon fresh Oregano (chopped finely)
- 6 slices of Provolone Cheese
- 6 Brioche Burger Buns
- Add 3 tablespoons of olive oil to a large saute pan over medium-high heat. Add the onion and toss to coat. Season with a large pinch of salt, chili flakes, and a few cracks of black pepper. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes. Add the mushrooms and garlic, and season again. You may need to add more oil if the pan seems dry. Cook for 5 more minutes, or until the onions are soft and the mushrooms begin to color.
- Pour the mushrooms and onions into a large bowl. Stir in the oats, Parmigiano, breadcrumbs, carrot, eggs, parsley and oregano. Season with salt and pepper. Mix well and and form into patties.
- Heat a large saute pan over medium high heat and add 3 tablespoons of olive oil. Carefully put the patties in the pan, working in batches if necessary so as not to overcrowd. Cook on each side for 3 to 4 minutes, or until golden brown. In the last minute of cooking, add a slice of cheese to each patty.
- Toast the buns and add a burger patty to each.
Similar categories: Courses & Meals Dinner Quick & Easy Lunch Quick & Easy Lunches Sandwiches Cuisine Vegetarian
Peach Cobbler with Raspberry Coulis
Havarti and Horseradish Stovetop Mac and Cheese
Spicy Honey Dijon Coleslaw
Spice-Rubbed Smoked Chicken
Grilled Lamb Chops and Plums with Mint Pesto
Red Velvet Cannoli Cake
Grilled Soy Chicken Thighs with Honeydew Relish
Pineapple Teriyaki Chicken Meatballs
Banana Split Ice Cream Cupcake Bar
T-Bone Steak with Green Bean Salad