Assorted mushrooms such as cremini, portobello, button, and shiitake provide a round flavor for the base of this meatless burger.
- step-by-step directions
- Olive Oil
- 1 small Onion (finely chopped)
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Chili Flakes
- 1 1/2 pounds chopped assorted Mushrooms (Portobello; Crimini; Button; Shiitake)
- 6 Garlic cloves (minced)
- 1/2 cup Quick Cooking Oatmeal Oats
- 3/4 cup grated Parmigiano
- 3/4 cup Breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Carrot
- 2 Eggs (beaten)
- 1/3 cup Parsley (chopped finely)
- 1 tablespoon fresh Oregano (chopped finely)
- 6 slices of Provolone Cheese
- 6 Brioche Burger Buns
- Add 3 tablespoons of olive oil to a large saute pan over medium-high heat. Add the onion and toss to coat. Season with a large pinch of salt, chili flakes, and a few cracks of black pepper. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes. Add the mushrooms and garlic, and season again. You may need to add more oil if the pan seems dry. Cook for 5 more minutes, or until the onions are soft and the mushrooms begin to color.
- Pour the mushrooms and onions into a large bowl. Stir in the oats, Parmigiano, breadcrumbs, carrot, eggs, parsley and oregano. Season with salt and pepper. Mix well and and form into patties.
- Heat a large saute pan over medium high heat and add 3 tablespoons of olive oil. Carefully put the patties in the pan, working in batches if necessary so as not to overcrowd. Cook on each side for 3 to 4 minutes, or until golden brown. In the last minute of cooking, add a slice of cheese to each patty.
- Toast the buns and add a burger patty to each.
Similar categories: Courses & Meals Dinner Quick & Easy Lunch Quick & Easy Lunches Sandwiches Cuisine Vegetarian
Rock Shrimp and Egg Sandwich
Apple Tarte Tatin
Buttermilk Semifreddo with Candied Peaches
Cast-Iron Blueberry Cobbler
Green Chicken Enchiladas
Savory Breakfast Cauliflower Bake
Sausage Gravy and Bacon Biscuits
Italian Egg Boat
Waffle Pies with Herbed Eggs
Chai Tea Oatmeal