Panko Encrusted Halibut
Michael Symon's Mustard Crusted Halibut in Butter Sauce
- 1 cup Panko Bread Crumbs
- 1/2 cup fresh Chives (chopped)
- 6 Halibut Filets (1-inch thick; skinless)
- 3 tablespoons Dijon Mustard
- 1/3 cup White Wine
- 6 tablespoons Butter (divided)
- 1 Orange (zest and juice)
- 3 Garlic cloves in their skins (smashed)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- Mix the bread crumbs and chives together in a rimmed dish. Season with salt and pepper.
- Season the fish with salt. Spread dijon mustard on the bottom (skin side) of each filet. Dredge the mustard-coated side in the bread crumb mixture.
- Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium-high. Melt 3 tablespoons of butter along with 3 tablespoons of olive oil. Once smoking, add the halibut breaded side down. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until golden. Gently flip and cook on the second side for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the white wine and garlic and reduce by a third. Add the orange juice and zest and then add the remaining butter. Remove the garlic cloves and discard.
- Serve the filet breaded side up with a drizzle of butter sauce.