Nacho Cheese Pasta
Fabio Viviani's Nacho Cannelloni
- For the Pasta:
- 3 cups Flour
- 1/4 cup Doritos
- 4 Eggs
- 1 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Water (as needed)
- Salt and freshly ground Pepper
- For Assembly:
- 2 cups Refried Beans (prepared)
- 2 cups Mexican Style Yellow Rice (prepared)
- 2 cups shredded Rotisserie Chicken
- 2 cups Monterey Jack Cheese (grated)
- 1 cup Salsa
- 1 cup Sour Cream
- Guacamole to serve
- Olive Oil (to grease dish)
- For the Pasta: In a food processor, pulse the nacho chips until they are a flour-like consistency. Add the flour and pulse to combine. Whisk together the eggs, olive oil and a splash of water. Add the wet ingredients to the food processor bowl and pulse until the dough comes together. Remove from bowl of food processor and transfer to a clean, very lightly floured work surface. Knead the dough together until it comes together and has the consistency of smooth leather, adding flour or moistening with water as needed.
- Roll dough into a ball and then cut the dough into 4 pieces. Using a pasta machine, roll the sheets out. Cut into equally sized rectangular pieces.
- Bring a large pasta pot of water up to a rolling boil. Season liberally. Drop sheets of fresh pasta into water and par-cook for 2 minutes. Plunge in ice bath and reserve on a lightly oiled sheet pan.
- For Assembly: Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Spread beans on each of the pieces of pasta. Top with rice, shredded chicken, and a sprinkle of the cheese. Roll up the pasta sheets and nestle into a lightly oiled 9x9 baking dish. Sprinkle cheese over the cannolloni. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until golden brown in places. Serve with your choice of garnishes.