A truly decadent dish!
Pat and Gina Neely's Grilled Bacon-Wrapped Shrimp
- 1/4 Cup olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic (roughly chopped)
- 1 lemon (just juice)
- 1 Teaspoon Neely's barbecue rub (see below for recipe)
- kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 15 jumbo shrimp (about 1 pound) peeled and deveined
- 8 slices bacon cut in half crosswise
- 8 bamboo skewers soaked in water for 30 minutes
- 1 recipe Sweet and Spicy orange Dipping Sauce (see below for recipe)
- 3/4 Cup orange marmalade
- 1/4 Cup Sweet Asian Chile Sauce
- 1 Tablespoon soy sauce
- pinch crushed red-pepper flakes
- 1 1/2 Cup paprika
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 3/4 Tablespoon onion powder
- For the bacon wrapped shrimp: Preheat your grill to medium-high heat.
- Whisk together the olive oil, garlic, lemon juice, Neely's barbecue rub, salt, and pepper together in a medium bowl. Add the shrimp, and toss. Cover with plastic wrap, and marinate for 15 minutes.
- Cook your bacon in a large skillet over medium heat until halfway done (not yet crisp), about 3 to 4 minutes. Remove to a paper-towel-lined sheet tray to drain and cool.
- Remove shrimp from the marinade, and wrap the bacon slices and around the center of each shrimp. Thread the skewer through the shrimp and bacon to secure. (Thread two shrimp per skewer)
- Grill the shrimp on both sides until the bacon is crisp and the shrimp are bright pink, about 5 to 7 minutes per side. Serve with the the sweet and spicy orange dipping sauce. (Recipe below.)
- For the Sweet and Spicy Orange Dipping Sauce: Mix all ingredients in a small bowl. Serve with the bacon-wrapped shrimp.
- For the Neely's Barbecue Rub: Stir together all the ingredients in a bowl. If stored in an airtight container in a cool, dry place, this seasoning will last for up to 6 months.