Host your own clambake this summer with this delicious dish!
New England Clambake
- 1 pound smoked kielbasa (sliced in 1/2-inch rounds)
- 2 ears corn (cut into 8 pieces)
- 3 1/2 pound littleneck clams
- 1 pound shell-on medium shrimp
- 2 tablespoons coriander seeds (toasted)
- 1 tablespoon cumin seeds (toasted)
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 medium onion (thinly sliced)
- 1 head of garlic (cloves peeled and thinly sliced)
- 2 Fresno chilies Thinly sliced into rings)
- 1 tablespoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 lemon (cut in thirds)
- 1 750- milliliter bottle dry white wine
- 1 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- In a large pasta pot with an insert and a lid, add the food in layers. Start with the kielbasa, followed by the corn, clams, and shrimp.
- Distribute the coriander, cumin, salt, onion, garlic, chilies, red pepper flakes, bay leaf, and lemon over the top.
- Pour in the wine, cover, and cook over high heat until the clams open, 20 to 25 minutes. Discard the bay leaf and any clams that do not open.
- Sprinkle with cilantro before serving.