The original Mardi Gras cocktail!
Clinton Kelly's New Orleans Hurricane
- 2 oz light rum
- 2 oz dark rum
- 1 oz grenadine (or passion fruit syrup)
- 1 oz orange juice
- 1 tablespoons simple syrup
- Orange wedges (for garnish)
- 1/2 Lime (juice)
- Mix all the ingredients (except orange wedge) in a cocktail shaker, and shake vigorously
- Add ice cubes to come halfway up the sides of 2 tall glasses.
- Divide the mixture between the glasses. Garnish each with an orange wedge and serve with a long straw.