Pork Stir Fry with Fried Rice
Michele Zito's No More Takeout Stir Fry
- 1 pound Pork Loin (cut into very thin pieces)
- 2 tablespoons Canola Oil
- 1 teaspoon Toasted Sesame Oil
- 1 teaspoon Wine Vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Asian Seasoning
- 3 Bell Peppers (red; yellow; and orange) cut into 1/2-inch thick strips
- 1 cup Snap Peas (ends snipped and string removed)
- 3 Ribs Celery (cut into 1/2-inch pieces)
- 3 Carrots (sliced thin)
- 1/3 cup Cocktail Peanuts
- 1/4 cup Scallions (diced)
- 3 cups Broccoli (cut into florets)
- 1 fresh Pineapple (cored and cut into 1-inch chunks)
- 4 tablespoons Soy Sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 teaspoon Orange Zest
- 2 tablespoons Orange Juice (fresh)
- 1 teaspoon fresh Cilantro (chopped; plus additional for garnish)
For the Fried Rice:
- 4 cups Cooked White Rice
- 2 tablespoons Vegetable Oil (divided)
- 1 Carrot (small-diced)
- 2 Eggs (whisked)
- 3 slices Deli Ham (chopped)
- 1/4 cup Cocktail Peanuts
- 1/4 cup Scallions (chopped)
- 1/4 cup Soy Sauce
For the Crispy Wontons:
- 3 ounces Wonton Wrappers (12 pieces)
- Spray of Oil
- Coat meat with Asian seasoning, place in bowl with oils and vinegar. Set aside. Prepare vegetables and pineapple.
- Preheat nonstick skillet on med high heat. Add pork to pan, stirring after 1 minute, for total of about 4 minutes. Remove from pan with slotted spoon.
- Turn heat down a bit. Add 1 tablespoon canola oil and 1 teaspoon sesame oil to pan, add peanuts, toasting for 1 minute. Add peppers and celery, stir fry for 2 minutes. Add broccoli, stir fry 2 more minutes. Add red pepper flakes, pineapple, orange juice, and orange zest, soy sauce and cilantro. Stir. Add snap peas, carrots and return pork to pan. Stir several times, remove from heat.
- For the Fried Rice: Heat nonstick or ceramic skillet to med high heat. Add vegetable oil and heat. When hot but not smoking, add whisked egg and scramble, chopping into small pieces. Remove from pan and put aside.
- Add 1 tablespoon oil, heat, add peanuts and carrots, cook until carrots are softened, about 2 minutes. Add chopped ham, stir for 1 minute. Add cooked rice and stir. Add 1/2 cup soy sauce, stir until absorbed into rice. Add egg back into pan and fold in.
- For the Crispy Wontons: Stack wonton wrappers and slice into 1/2-inch strips. Fluff with your hands and mist lightly with oil. Place on a small plate and microwave on high in 1 minute intervals until golden brown, about 4 minutes total. Fluff after each 1 minute interval. Garnish with chopped scallions and crispy wontons. Serve aside Pork Stir fry, garnished with cilantro.