A homemade dulce de leche and peanut butter mixture is studded with roasted peanuts.
- step-by-step directions
- 2 16- ounce (4 cups) jars of Roasted Peanuts
- 1/2 stick Unsalted Butter
- 2 cups Mini Marshmallows
- 1 14- ounce can Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1/2 cup Creamy Peanut Butter
- For the homemade dulce de leche: Place your can of sweetened condensed milk in a deep stock pot. Fill the pot with water until it’s covering the can by a couple of inches, the deeper the better. Bring the water up to a boil, and continue boiling for 4 hours, adding more water as necessary to keep a few inches of water above the can. **You may want to do more than one can at a time so you have some handy for future use** After 4 hours, remove the can/cans from the water with tongs and place on the counter top to cool. These can be stored at room temperature like any canned good. ***Make sure the water level stays at least a few inches above the cans during boiling or they will explode!......and they will…..***
- Alternatively, pour the sweetened condensed milk into a large saute pan, and cook over medium-low for 45 minutes to an hour, being mindful to stir to ensure even cooking. Cook until the milk has turned an even caramel color.
- Spray a 13x9 pan with cooking spray. Line the pan with wax paper, and then spray the wax paper. Pour one jar of peanuts in to the bottom of the pan and smooth or shake in to an even layer.
- In a medium sauce pot, melt the butter over medium heat. When the butter is melted add the marshmallows and stir continuously until all of them are melted. Reduce the heat to low then whisk in the dulce de leche and the peanut butter. When the mixture is smooth and thoroughly combined, pour over the peanuts. Smooth out with an offset spatula, then sprinkle the other jar of peanuts over the top in an even layer. Press the peanuts down slightly using your hands, making sure everything sticks to the filling. Let set 4 to 5 hours or overnight until cool and set, then cut in to bars. **It is easier to flip out, peel wax paper, then cut into 3x8 bars.
Similar categories: Ingredients Chocolate Chocolate Candies Courses & Meals Desserts Candies Holidays & Occasions Halloween
Mediterranean Stuffed Peppers with Feta Bechamel
Nasi Goreng (Fried Rice) with Chicken
Orecchiette with Sweet Sausage and Rapini
Lemon Coconut Sugar Cookies
Mushroom and Asparagus Risotto
Fried Green Tomato and Pimento Cheese Pizza
Bacon and Cheddar Pierogies
Spring Chicken Stew
Veggie Fried Rice with Oyster Mushrooms
Salmon Burger with Dill and Cucumber