Daphne makes her delicious cherry crusaders, a healthy treat to bring out the superhero in your kid!
Cherry Crusaders Cookies
- 1 cup Butter
- 1 cup Dark Brown Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 1/4 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon Nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 3 cups Old-Fashioned Rolled Oats
- 1 cup Dried Sour Cherries
- 1 cup Walnuts (Chopped)
- 1 1/2 cups Water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Pour water over a bowl of the dried cherries and set aside until ready to use.
- Take 1/2 of the oats and pulse in a food processor (it will look like flour).
- Using an electric mixer, whip butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Beat in eggs one at a time then add vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. Slowly add dry mix to butter mixture. Add the oat flour from food processor.
- Strain cherries, discard water and stir into mix along with remaining oats and walnuts.
- Place heaping tablespoons of rounded dough on prepared baking sheet 2-3 inches apart.
- Bake cookies for 12-15 minutes or until golden but still slightly soft. After cooling in the pan for 2-3 minutes transfer to a cooling rack and finish cooling.
Similar categories: Courses & Meals Desserts Cookies Holidays & Occasions Christmas Christmas Cookies