This tasty treat is a great appetizer, snack or party treat!
Onion Flower Power
- For the Onion:
- 1 Sweet Vidalia Onion
- 1 cup Flour
- 1 teaspoon Sweet Paprika
- 1 teaspoon Cayenne
- 1 teaspoon Oregano
- Salt (to taste)
- 1 cup Milk
- 3 Eggs
- Vegetable Oil for frying
For the Spicy Thousand Island Dressing:
- 1/2 cup Mayo
- 1/4 cup Ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Thai Chile Hot Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Honey
- For the Onion: Heat large dutch oven with oil to 360 degrees F.
- Slice off the top end of the onion, leaving the root end attached. Place cut side down and begin slicing from the root about 16 even sliced around the onion, leaving the root attached.
- Place flour and spices into baking dish. Whisk milk and eggs in another baking dish.
- Carefully dip onion into flour mixture, making sure to get some inside the layers, (you can also sift the seasoned flour over the entire onion) then egg, and finish with flour. Place in oil and fry for about 5-7 minutes until golden brown. Remove to paper towel lined plate. Serve with spicy thousand island dressing.
- For the Spicy Thousand Island Dressing: Place all ingredients in a large bowl. Whisk together and serve!