Make your Oscar® party picture perfect with Carla's cupcake centerpieces!
Oscar® Cupcake Centerpieces
- 1 Lb small white marshmallows
- 1 bottle of yellow food dye
- 2 8 oz tubs of whipped cream cheese
- 1 cup super fine baking sugar
- 1 box of yellow or lemon cake mix
- 1 stick of whipped butter
- Follow instructions on the cake mix box to create 2 dozen cupcakes. Allow them to cool completely before decorating.
- To mix the frosting, put the cream cheese, butter and sugar into a large bowl. Fold ingredients together well using a spatula.
- Add enough yellow food coloring to the frosting to create an overall light yellow color. Frost each cupcake liberally with the yellow cream cheese frosting.
- Add the mini marshmallows on top of each cupcake. Arrange the marshmallows randomly in mounds so they look like popcorn pieces.
- Place a filler in the popcorn bucket to take up some of the internal volume (this could be a styrofoam florist square, a dishtowel, or anything else you have handy). Place a plate that fits within the popcorn bucket on top of the filler, and begin stacking your cupcakes. Don't stack them more than two deep or the bottom ones will get crushed. Arrange them so they are popping out of the top of the popcorn bucket.
- Arrange three popcorn buckets with the popcorn cupcakes in the middle of a large silver platter. Leave a few cupcakes out on the platter to mimic popcorn that has overflowed out of the buckets.