Served on the half shell, these luscious oysters are topped with butter, Parmesan and bread crumbs and baked until golden.
- step-by-step directions
- 16 large Oysters (shucked and chilled in half shell)
- 3 tablespoons Butter
- 1 small Onion (finely chopped)
- 1 Garlic clove (minced)
- 4 cups fresh Spinach
- 2 teaspoons Anise Flavored Liquor (optional)
- 1/2 cup Panko Bread Crumbs
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan Cheese
- Hot Sauce (to taste)
- freshly Cracked Black Pepper
- Rock Salt (to line baking sheet)
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Melt butter in a saute pan over medium. Add the onions and season with salt. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until translucent. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant.
- Add the spinach and toss to combine with onions. Drizzle the anise liquor over spinach and cook until wilted.
- Remove pan from heat and stir in bread crumbs, cheese and hot sauce. Adjust seasoning to taste.
- Place a heaping tablespoon of spinach mixture on top of each oyster and arrange on a baking sheet lined with rock salt. Bake for 6 to 8 minutes or until light golden on top. Serve warm with a glass of cold champagne.
Similar categories: Ingredients Fish & Seafood Clams, Mussels, & Scallops Courses & Meals Appetizers, Starters & Snacks Seafood Appetizers Holidays & Occasions Valentine's Day Christmas
Chicken Kabobs with Greek Village Salad
Grilled Grouper with Key Lime Mango Salsa
Leftover Meat 'n' Potato Ravioli
Spicy Roasted Head of Cauliflower
Grilled Shrimp with Bacon Jam
Tropical Grilled Shrimp Salad
Capri-Style Vegetable Salad
Grilled Calamari Chopped Salad with Chickpeas, Olives & Salami