Served on the half shell, these luscious oysters are topped with butter, Parmesan and bread crumbs and baked until golden.
- step-by-step directions
- 16 large Oysters (shucked and chilled in half shell)
- 3 tablespoons Butter
- 1 small Onion (finely chopped)
- 1 Garlic clove (minced)
- 4 cups fresh Spinach
- 2 teaspoons Anise Flavored Liquor (optional)
- 1/2 cup Panko Bread Crumbs
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan Cheese
- Hot Sauce (to taste)
- freshly Cracked Black Pepper
- Rock Salt (to line baking sheet)
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Melt butter in a saute pan over medium. Add the onions and season with salt. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until translucent. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant.
- Add the spinach and toss to combine with onions. Drizzle the anise liquor over spinach and cook until wilted.
- Remove pan from heat and stir in bread crumbs, cheese and hot sauce. Adjust seasoning to taste.
- Place a heaping tablespoon of spinach mixture on top of each oyster and arrange on a baking sheet lined with rock salt. Bake for 6 to 8 minutes or until light golden on top. Serve warm with a glass of cold champagne.
Similar categories: Ingredients Fish & Seafood Clams, Mussels, & Scallops Courses & Meals Appetizers, Starters & Snacks Seafood Appetizers Holidays & Occasions Valentine's Day Christmas
Flourless Chocolate Cake with Peanut Brittle
Cinnamon Raisin Bread Pudding
Blackberry Ricotta Pizza
Peach and Sriracha Chicken Over Coconut Rice
Quinoa and Shrimp Medley
Skordalia and Roasted Beets
Roasted Carrots and Chickpeas with Feta Vinaigrette
Double Decker Buffalo Grilled Cheese Sandwich
Spring Orzo Salad
Swiss Chard and Feta Turnovers
Donut Puffs with Coffee Mousse