Served on the half shell, these luscious oysters are topped with butter, Parmesan and bread crumbs and baked until golden.
- step-by-step directions
- 16 large Oysters (shucked and chilled in half shell)
- 3 tablespoons Butter
- 1 small Onion (finely chopped)
- 1 Garlic clove (minced)
- 4 cups fresh Spinach
- 2 teaspoons Anise Flavored Liquor (optional)
- 1/2 cup Panko Bread Crumbs
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan Cheese
- Hot Sauce (to taste)
- freshly Cracked Black Pepper
- Rock Salt (to line baking sheet)
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Melt butter in a saute pan over medium. Add the onions and season with salt. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until translucent. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant.
- Add the spinach and toss to combine with onions. Drizzle the anise liquor over spinach and cook until wilted.
- Remove pan from heat and stir in bread crumbs, cheese and hot sauce. Adjust seasoning to taste.
- Place a heaping tablespoon of spinach mixture on top of each oyster and arrange on a baking sheet lined with rock salt. Bake for 6 to 8 minutes or until light golden on top. Serve warm with a glass of cold champagne.
Similar categories: Ingredients Fish & Seafood Clams, Mussels, & Scallops Courses & Meals Appetizers, Starters & Snacks Seafood Appetizers Holidays & Occasions Valentine's Day Christmas
Rock Shrimp and Egg Sandwich
Apple Tarte Tatin
Buttermilk Semifreddo with Candied Peaches
Cast-Iron Blueberry Cobbler
Green Chicken Enchiladas
Savory Breakfast Cauliflower Bake
Sausage Gravy and Bacon Biscuits
Italian Egg Boat
Waffle Pies with Herbed Eggs
Chai Tea Oatmeal