This Oz family favorite is a fantastic way to use up leftovers!
Oz Family Fried Rice
- 1 cup Short-Grain Brown Rice
- 2 tablespoons Coconut Oil
- 1 Onion (diced)
- 2 Carrot (diced)
- 1 cup Snow Peas
- 4 Scallions (chopped)
- 1/2 cup Baked Tofu (cubed)
- 2 tablespoons Soy Sauce
- 2 Eggs (beaten)
- 1 teaspoon Hot Sauce
- 1 bunch Fresh Cilantro (leaves only)
- 2 Garlic Cloves (minced)
- 6 Skiitake Mushrooms (sliced)
- 1 tablespoon Sesame Oil
- 2 tablespoons Rice Vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Freshly Grated Ginger
- In a large cast iron skillet, heat coconut oil over medium-high heat. Stir in onions and cook for one minute. Stir in tofu, and cook until golden brown.
- Stir in carrots, mushrooms, snow peas, scallions, garlic, and ginger and cook until heated through. In a small bowl whisk together soy sauce, sesame oil, rice vinegar, and hot sauce. Add to pan and stir to coat vegetables. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Stir in the cooked brown rice and mix thoroughly.
- Crack the eggs into the skillet and mix until eggs have scrambled and are fully cooked.
- Serve with fresh cilantro.