Dress up soy sauce with a touch of ginger and chili paste for some heart.
- step-by-step directions
- 1 1/2 pounds ground chicken (white and dark meat mixed)
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 3 scallions (sliced, plus more to garnish)
- 1 tablespoon ginger (peeled and freshly grated)
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce (optional)
- 1 package square wonton wrappers
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil (for frying)
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon ginger (peeled and freshly grated)
- 1 teaspoon chili paste
- Combine the first seven ingredients in a large bowl and stir until thoroughly combined. Scoop out a small tablespoon of the mixture and place in the center of a wonton wrapper. Dampen the edges of the wrapper with water and bring the four corners up to meet. Press the edges together to seal the dumpling. Repeat with remaining filling and wrappers. This can be done up to a month in advance and stored in the freezer.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat with a thin layer of vegetable oil until hot. Add the wontons in batches and cook until golden on the bottom, about 2 minutes. Add two tablespoons of water to the pan and cover with a lid. Steam for 3 minutes. Remove to a paper towel-lined plate and let cool slightly before serving with the dipping sauce.
- For Dipping Sauce:
Mix the ingredients together in a small bowl and serve with dumplings.
- Tip: Build the dumplings up to a month in advance and store in the freezer in an airtight container.
rate this recipe
Toasted Almond Bons
Chopped Cheese Sandwich
Sweet and Spicy Lemonade Grilled Chicken
Cherry Pink Lemonade
Dutch-Oven Peach Cobbler
Cedar Plank Halibut with Corn Salad
Wedge Salad with Creamy Blue Cheese and Blue Cheese Vinaigrette
Crunchy Vegetable Salad with Pomegranate Dressing
Pork Tenderloin with Apricot Dipping Sauce
Vegan Spinach and Artichoke Dip Triangles
Sunday Lamb Roast with Paloise Sauce