Chicken Bites with Chili-Soy Sauce
Carla Hall's Pan-Fried Dumplings
- 1 1/2 pounds ground Chicken (white and dark meat mixed)
- 1 Egg Yolk
- 2 Garlic cloves (smashed)
- 3 Scallions (sliced plus more to garnish)
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh Ginger
- 2 tablespoons Low-Sodium Soy Sauce
- 2 teaspoons Fish Sauce
- Wonton Wrappers
- Vegetable Oil
For the Dipping Sauce:
- 1/4 cup Low-Sodium Soy Sauce
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 teaspoon greshly grated Ginger
- 1 teaspoon Chili Paste
- Combine the first seven ingredients in a large bowl and stir until thoroughly combined. Scoop out a small tablespoon of the mixture and place in the center of a wonton wrapper. Damped the edges of the wrapper with water and bring the four corners up to meet. Press the edges together to seal the dumpling. Repeat with remaining filling and wrappers. This can be done up to a month in advance and stored in the freezer.
- Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat with a thin layer of vegetable oil until just smoking. Add the wontons in batches and cook until golden on the first side, about 2 minutes. Add two tablespoons of water to the pan and cover with a lid. Allow to steam for 3 minutes. Remove to a paper towel lined plate and cool slightly before serving with a dipping sauce.
- For the Dipping Sauce: Mix the ingredients together in a small bowl and serve with dumplings.