Rib Eye Steaks with Shallots and Garlic
Michael Symon's Pan Roasted Rib Eye
- 2 Ribeye steaks (2" thickness)
- 1 tablespoon Kosher Salt
- 1 tablespoon ground Coriander
- 1 tablespoon ground Cumin
- 1 tablespoon Paprika
- 1 tablespoon Tumeric
- 1 tablespoon Chipotle Powder
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 medium Shallots (skin on; quartered)
- 4 cloves Garlic (skin on; smashed)
- small bundle Thyme
- 2 tablespoons Unsalted Butter
- Remove your steaks from the fridge 30 minutes prior to cooking them to take the chill off. Mix together the salt, coriander, cumin, paprika, turmeric and chipotle powder and season the steaks liberally on both sides.
- Preheat a large cast iron skillet over high heat. When the pan is hot, add the olive oil along with all four ribeyes and cook until they are very dark golden brown on one side, 2 to 3 minutes. When the steaks have a nice crust on them, flip and cook for another 2 to 3 minutes, then add the shallots and garlic with the thyme. Add the butter and begin to baste the steaks, letting everything pan roast together. Continue to baste the steaks until they are cooked to your preference. By now they should be medium rare and can be removed to a plate to rest for 5 minutes. Slice and serve.
- If you would like your steaks cooked a little longer, for medium or medium-well, finish them in a 400 degree oven until steaks reach desired temperature, remembering that they will carry over an additional 5 to 10 degrees while resting.
Similar categories: Dinner