This quick and savory meat dish was a favorite at with The Chew crew and we're sure it will be a favorite with your family. Give it a try.
Pan Roasted Steak with Red Wine Sauce
- 2 Sirloin Steaks
- Salt and Freshly Ground Pepper
- 3 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 pound Button Mushrooms (sliced)
- 2 Shallots (halved)
- 3 cloves Garlic (skin-on)
- 1 bunch Oregano (chopped)
- 1 cup Red Wine
- 3 tablespoons Unsalted Butter
- splash of red wine vinegar
- Season the steaks with salt and pepper.
- Heat the olive oil in a large saute pan over medium-high heat. Cook the steak, searing each side thoroughly, allowing the meat to caramelize and char nicely, about 4 to 5 minutes per side for medium-rare. Add the button mushrooms to the pan, cooking for a minute before adding the shallots and garlic, cooking until everything has softened, and the mushrooms are browned.
- Add the oregano, and then deglaze the pan with the red wine and a splash of red wine vinegar. Cook to reduce the sauce by half, about 4 to 5 minutes. Remove steaks from pan and allot to rest. Add butter to pan and then stir in to finish the sauce.
- Slice the steaks and split into portions. Spoon sauce over the slices of steak to serve.