Simply delicious potatoes!
Mario Batali's Pan-Roasted Potatoes with Paprika
- 1 1/2 pound Fingerling Potatoes (thinly sliced)
- Salt and Freshly Ground Pepper
- 1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoon Unsalted Butter
- 2 tablespoon Poppy Seeds
- 1 teaspoon Ground Cardamom
- 2 tablespoon Paprika
- 1/4 cup Red Wine Vinegar
- 3 tablespoon Parsley (chopped)
- 3 teaspoon Chives (chopped)
- Place the potato slices in a bowl and season them with salt and pepper.
- In a 12-to 14-inch cast-iron skillet, heat the oil and butter over medium-high heat until starting to brown. Add the potatoes and toss to coat them well. Then add the poppy seeds and sauté until the potatoes are a light golden brown, 8 to 9 minutes.
- Add the cardamom and paprika, and toss to coat. Add the vinegar and cook until it has evaporated, 4 to 5 minutes. Add parsley and chives. Remove the skillet from the heat, season again with salt and pepper, and serve.