Steak with Mushrooms and Onions
Michael Symon's Pan Seared Strip Steak
- 2 8- ounce Strip Steaks
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Olive Oil
- 1/4 pound Bacon (sliced 1/2-inch thick)
- 1 8- ounce container of Button Mushrooms (sliced 1/4-inch thick)
- 1/2 Onion (sliced thinly)
- 2 Garlic cloves (finely minced)
- 1 12- ounce can of Beer
- 1/4 cup Sour Cream
- 1/4 cup Parsley (leaves picked)
- Take the strip steaks out of the fridge 30 minutes prior to use. Season the steaks generously with salt and pepper and drizzle with olive oil.
- Heat a medium-sized cast iron pan over medium-high heat and a saute pan over medium-high heat. Put steaks in the cast iron pan and cook 3 to 4 minutes on each side, or until deep golden brown. Take the steaks out of the pan and let rest for at least 10 minutes.
- In another saute pan, add about 3 tablespoons of olive oil and add the bacon. Let crisp for 2 to 3 minutes. Add the mushrooms and toss to coat. Let brown for another 2 to 3 minutes. Add the onions and garlic and season everything with salt and pepper. Toss and cook for 1 to 2 minutes longer, until the onions begin to wilt. Add the can of beer and bring to a simmer. Reduce by half.
- Off the heat, add the sour cream and stir to emulsify. Replace the pan on the heat and bring back up to a simmer. Taste and adjust for seasoning. Add the parsley, stir to incorporate, and take the pan off the heat.
- When the steak has rested, slice and plate. Pour the mushroom sauce over the steak and serve.
Similar categories: Dinner