Cuban Steak Sandwich
Sabrina Soto's Pan con Bistec
- 6 1/2- pound Top Round Steaks
- 2 cloves Garlic (chopped)
- 3 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon Butter
- juice of 2 Limes
- 1 medium Onion (finely chopped)
- 3 tablespoons Parsley (finely chopped)
- Salt and Pepper
- 6 small Cuban Loafs (sliced in half)
- Pound steaks on both sides until super thin. Place steaks in a shallow dish. Season with the salt, pepper, garlic, lime and marinate for about an hour.
- Remove steaks from marinade, reserving the marinade. In a skillet over high heat, add the oil and once hot, brown the steaks, about 2 minutes per side. Remove steaks and set aside. In the same pan, add the marinade, onion and pat of butter, and cook until the onions soften.
- Trim the steak to the bread, if necessary. Place the steaks, marinade and parsley on a loaf of cuban bread and serve with a mojito or Cuba Libre.
Similar categories: Dinner