Gwyneth shares her dad's famous recipe!
Bruce Paltrow's World-Famous Pancakes
- 3 cup Unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup Plus 2 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon Plus 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoon Fine salt
- 3 cup Buttermilk
- 6 tablespoon Unsalted butter (melted and cooled) plus more butter for cooking
- 6 Organic large eggs
- Up to 1 cup milk (as needed to thin batter)
- Real Vermont maple syrup (warmed for serving)
- Whisk the dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Whisk the buttermilk, butter, and eggs together in another bowl.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, whisking just enough to combine (small lumps are okay). Let the batter sit, covered, overnight.
- The next morning, heat up your griddle or favorite nonstick pan and slick it with a little butter. Add enough milk to the batter to thin it to the right consistency - the thicker the batter, the thicker and heavier your pancakes; the thinner the batter, the more delicate your pancakes - neither is wrong.
- Cook the pancakes on the griddle, flipping them after bubbles appear on the surface of the uncooked side. Let cook 2-3 minutes more, then remove and eat with lots of warm maple syrup.