Chicken Cutlets Rolled with Ham and Cheese
Ken Gillmer's Panko Encrusted Chicken Rollatini
- 6 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast Cutlets
- 12 slices Cappicola Ham
- 12 slices Gouda
- 24 thin stalks of Asparagus
- Canola Oil for frying
- 1/2 cup Panko Bread Crumbs
- 2 Eggs (whisked)
- Preheat a 1/2-inch of canola oil in a cast iron skillet to 350ºF.
- Pound chicken breast until very thin and flat, then season with salt and pepper. Place two slices of ham over each chicken breast. Place two slices of cheese on top of ham. Place 4 asparagus stalks on top of cheese. Roll the chicken around the asparagus as tight as possible and secure with three toothpicks.
- Coat the chicken rolls in the egg mixture, and then roll and coat in the panko bread crumbs. Carefully place the chicken rolls into the oil and and turn once the first side is golden brown. Cook to golden brown on the second side and then transfer to a paper towel lined plate to blot and cool. Remove toothpicks before serving.