Pasta and Potato Dumplings
Michael Symon's Pappardelle Pierogi
- 1 1/2 pounds fresh Pappardelle
- 1 1/2 cups Fingerling Potatoes (cut into 1/4-inch thick rounds)
- 1 large Onion (sliced thinly)
- 3/4 cup Sour Cream
- 1/2 cup Parsley (chopped)
- Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper
- Place a large pot of water over high heat and bring up to a boil. Season generously with salt, so it tastes like the ocean.
- Place a large saute pan over medium-high heat and add 3 to 4 tablespoons of olive oil. Add the onion and season with salt and pepper. Cook until they begin to caramelize, about 4 minutes.
- Add the potatoes to the boiling water. Cook 1 minute and then add the fresh pasta. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes, or until the pasta is just cooked. Drain the potatoes and pasta, reserving about 1 cup of the cooking water.
- Add the potatoes and pasta to the saute pan of onions and toss to combine. Add about 1/2 cup of pasta water to the pan.
- Remove the saute pan from the heat and add the sour cream. Toss to combine, continually tossing until creamy. Add the parsley, toss again to combine, and plate.