Mario Batali's Parmigiano Pizza with Black Truffles
- 1 Pizza Dough Recipe
- 1 cup Creme Fraiche
- Salt and Pepper
- 1/3 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano (grated)
- 1 small Truffle
- Olive Oil
- Chives (chopped)
- Preheat the boiler to high. Place a grill over medium-high heat.
- Stretch the dough in an oblong shape, large enough to fit the size of the grill. Carefully lay the pizza on the grill. Cook for 30 seconds to 1 minute, or until the bottom of the pizza is thoroughly grilled and firm. Flip and grill the other side for 30 seconds to 1 minute longer. Transfer the pizza to a baking sheet.
- Smear the dough with creme fraiche and season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle evenly with the Parmigiano. Place under the broiler. Cook for another 1 to 2 minutes, or until the creme fraiche just begins to bubble.
- Remove from the oven and shave the truffle over the entire pizza. Drizzle the pizza with olive oil and garnish with fresh herbs. Slice and serve.