Simple and delicious!
Michael Symon's Pasta Pomodoro
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil plus extra for finish
- 2 cloves Garlic (sliced)
- 1 Onion (diced)
- 3 Ripe Tomatoes (cored and chopped)
- 1/4 cup Basil (leaves only - chopped)
- 1 pound spaghettini (cooked)
- red pepper chili flakes to taste
- Heat a skillet over medium high heat. Add the olive oil.
- Once hot, add the onion and sweat for 2 minutes, add the garlic, and cook for a minute. Add the tomatoes, and cook, tossing, for 5 minutes, until they have broken down. Add a generous pinch of salt and chili flakes.
- Add pasta to pan with some of the pasta water. Add basil and toss together. Finish with an extra drizzle of olive oil.