This delicious past dish comes together in minutes. Make it tonight!
Pasta and Red Lentil Sauce
- 1 Large onion (chopped into 1/2" bits)
- 1 can diced tomatoes (14.5 ounce)
- 5-6 Garlic cloves
- 1 cup Red lentils (sorted and rinsed)
- 2 cups Good quality vegetable stock
- 1 tablespoon Fresh rosemary (minced)
- 1/4 teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
- 2 teaspoons Minced fresh lemon zest
- 1/3 tup Fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- 1 pound Campanelle pasta or your favorite
- Put onion, diced tomato, and garlic in a medium saucepan, and cook over medium heat until onions and tomatoes have softened (7-10 minutes).
- Heat the stock in a stockpot. Add the lentils, rosemary, and red pepper flakes. Stir, then cover and simmer for about 25 minutes or until lentils are soft.
- Stir in lemon zest, lemon juice, sea salt, and ground pepper to taste.
- Boil pasta until al dente, and drain. Toss pasta with some of the lentil sauce and spoon a bit of extra sauce over the top.