Pretzel Sandwich with Pastrami and Sauerkraut
Clinton Kelly's Pastrami Pretzel Sandwich
- 10 cups Water
- 2/3 cup Baking Soda
- 3 pounds Pizza Dough (room temperature)
- 2 Eggs plus 1 tablespoon Water whisked
- Flaky Sea Salt
- 1 pound sliced Pastrami
- 1 cup Sauerkraut (drained)
- 6 slices of Swiss Cheese
- 3 tablespoons German Mustard
- Dill Pickles to serve
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Combine water and baking soda in a large pot and bring to a bowl over medium heat.
- Divide dough into 6 equal portions and roll out into logs, 20 inches long. Twist into a tight pretzel with small holes. Repeat with all the dough portions. Place one pretzel in the boiling water for a minute and remove with a large slotted spoon of spider. Place a baking sheet with greased parchment. Repeat with remaining dough. Brush with egg wash and sprinkle with sea salt. Bake in oven for 12 to 15 minutes or until dark golden brown.
- Remove from oven. Slice pretzels in half like a bagel. Spread mustard onto the top and bottom slices. Top the bottom slice with pastrami, sauerkraut and a slice of cheese. Place on a baking sheets and into the oven to melt cheese slightly. Remove form oven and top with remaining pretzel halves and serve with dill pickles.