This sandwich had everything you like about a burger but with more flavor.
- step-by-step directions
- 2 pounds 80/20 Ground Beef
- Salt and Freshly Ground Pepper
- 16 slices Rye Bread
- 1 Onion (sliced)
- 1/3 cup Ketchup
- 1/3 cup Mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons Pickle Relish
- 2 tablespoons Butter (plus more to brush griddle)
- 8 slices Swiss Cheese
- 2 tablespoons Olive oil
- Preheat a griddle to medium-high heat.
- Shape ground beef into 8 patties. Season generously with salt and pepper. Cook them on griddle for 3 to 4 minutes per side, for medium. Top patties with cheese after flipping. Remove when cheese has melted and set aside.
- Add two tablespoons of butter and olive oil to the griddle and add the onions. Cook until onions have softened, about 5 minutes. Remove from griddle and set aside.
- Mix together the ketchup, mayonnaise, and pickle relish.
- Assemble burger patties onto a slice of the bread. Top with some of the onions, and the smear of the ketchup mixture. Top with another piece of bread.
- Brush griddle with more butter, and place sandwich onto the griddle. Once this side is golden brown and crisp, brush butter onto the top slice of bread and then flip the sandwich over. Cook this side until golden brown and crisp and the cheese has melted. Repeat with remaining ingredients and serve.
Classic Holiday Brisket
Perfectly Spiced Roast Chicken
5 Ingredient Crinkle Cookies
Polenta with Sausage Ragu and Fresh Mozzarella
Roasted Pork Shoulder in Banana Leaf
Holiday Gingerbread Cookie
Zabaglione with Berries and Chocolate
Rich Chocolate Bundt Cake with Toasted Almonds
PB&J Cereal French Toast
Everything Bagel Cracker and Spinach Dip