This sandwich had everything you like about a burger but with more flavor.
- step-by-step directions
- 2 pounds 80/20 Ground Beef
- Salt and Freshly Ground Pepper
- 16 slices Rye Bread
- 1 Onion (sliced)
- 1/3 cup Ketchup
- 1/3 cup Mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons Pickle Relish
- 2 tablespoons Butter (plus more to brush griddle)
- 8 slices Swiss Cheese
- 2 tablespoons Olive oil
- Preheat a griddle to medium-high heat.
- Shape ground beef into 8 patties. Season generously with salt and pepper. Cook them on griddle for 3 to 4 minutes per side, for medium. Top patties with cheese after flipping. Remove when cheese has melted and set aside.
- Add two tablespoons of butter and olive oil to the griddle and add the onions. Cook until onions have softened, about 5 minutes. Remove from griddle and set aside.
- Mix together the ketchup, mayonnaise, and pickle relish.
- Assemble burger patties onto a slice of the bread. Top with some of the onions, and the smear of the ketchup mixture. Top with another piece of bread.
- Brush griddle with more butter, and place sandwich onto the griddle. Once this side is golden brown and crisp, brush butter onto the top slice of bread and then flip the sandwich over. Cook this side until golden brown and crisp and the cheese has melted. Repeat with remaining ingredients and serve.
Stuffed Sweet Potatoes with Curried Yogurt and Scallions
Poached Pears with Mascarpone Cream
Apple Cider Donut Bread Pudding
Bella Notte Spaghetti
Ratatouille Tarte Tatin
Corned Beef Sandwich Bread Pudding
Fiesta Corn Dip
Grilled Pizza Margherita
Pickle-Brined Fried Chicken Biscuit
Prosciutto and Apple Stuffed Chicken Legs with Sauteed Swiss Chard
Jalapeno Popper Dip
Chicago-Style Polish Sausage