This sandwich had everything you like about a burger but with more flavor.
- step-by-step directions
- 2 pounds 80/20 Ground Beef
- Salt and Freshly Ground Pepper
- 16 slices Rye Bread
- 1 Onion (sliced)
- 1/3 cup Ketchup
- 1/3 cup Mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons Pickle Relish
- 2 tablespoons Butter (plus more to brush griddle)
- 8 slices Swiss Cheese
- 2 tablespoons Olive oil
- Preheat a griddle to medium-high heat.
- Shape ground beef into 8 patties. Season generously with salt and pepper. Cook them on griddle for 3 to 4 minutes per side, for medium. Top patties with cheese after flipping. Remove when cheese has melted and set aside.
- Add two tablespoons of butter and olive oil to the griddle and add the onions. Cook until onions have softened, about 5 minutes. Remove from griddle and set aside.
- Mix together the ketchup, mayonnaise, and pickle relish.
- Assemble burger patties onto a slice of the bread. Top with some of the onions, and the smear of the ketchup mixture. Top with another piece of bread.
- Brush griddle with more butter, and place sandwich onto the griddle. Once this side is golden brown and crisp, brush butter onto the top slice of bread and then flip the sandwich over. Cook this side until golden brown and crisp and the cheese has melted. Repeat with remaining ingredients and serve.
rate this recipe
Pork Tenderloin with Apricot Dipping Sauce
Wedge Salad with Creamy Blue Cheese and Blue Cheese Vinaigrette
Crunchy Vegetable Salad with Pomegranate Dressing
Cedar Plank Halibut with Corn Salad
Sunday Lamb Roast with Paloise Sauce
Vegan Spinach and Artichoke Dip Triangles
Hibiscus and Elderflower Mocktail
Pimm's Royale Punch
Royal Roast Chicken and Bacon Sandwich
Pizza Spring Rolls
Steamed Artichokes with Brie Fondue