Carla Hall's Pantry Peach Cake
- For the Milk:
- 2 cups Whole Milk
- 1 14- ounce can Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 12 fluid ounce can Evaporated Milk
For the Cake:
- 1 1/2 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 cup Unsalted Butter
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 cup White Sugar
- 5 Eggs
- 1 teaspoon Almond Extract
- 2 Limes (zest)
For the Topping:
- 1 1/2 cups Heavy Whipping Cream
- 2 tablespoons Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 14 .5-ounce can Peaches in water
- 1/2 cup Slivered Almonds (toasted)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour one 9 x 13 cake pan.
- For the Milk: Combine the whole milk, condensed milk and evaporated milk together. Set aside.
- For the Cake: In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt. In the bowl of a mixer, beat together the butter, lime zest and the 1 cup of sugar until fluffy, about 4 minutes.
- Add the eggs one at a time and the almond extract. Beat well. Add the flour to the mixture in 3 batches, just until combined. Do not over mix. Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until a cake tester inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Remove from the oven.
- Pierce the cake several times with a skewer or fork. Pour the milk over the cake and let sit until completely cooled, about 20 minutes. Place in the refrigerator until cold, about 2 hours.
- For the Topping: Place the cream in the bowl of a mixer with whisk, gradually adding in the sugar and vanilla. Whip until soft peaks form, about 5 minutes.
- Cut the cake and top with sliced peaches. Dollop with whipped cream and sprinkle with toasted almonds.