This dessert is healthy and tasty. So have one without any guilt.
Peach Maple Sherbet Sandwich
- For the Cookies:
- 1/2 - 3/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup Maple syrup
- 1 1/2 cup Whole Wheat Flour
- 1/2 cup Ground Oats
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla
For the Sherbet:
- 3 cups Fresh or Frozen Peaches
- 1 1/3 cup Almond Milk (plus more if needed)
- 2 tablespoons Maple Syrup
- For the Cookies: Heat oven to 350F.
- In a medium bowl combine all dry ingredients. Slowly add coconut oil and maple syrup, mixing to combine. Finish with the vanilla. Form into a disk and place in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Roll dough out to 1/4 inch thick. Using a cookie cutter, cut out 3 inch rounds. Place on parchment lined baking sheet. Bake for 15-20 minutes. Allow the cookies to cool.
- For the Sherbet: Using a blender, combine the sherbet ingredients and blend until smooth. Pour into a freezer-safe container and freeze for 2 hours or until set.
- When ready to assemble sandwiches remove sherbet from freezer and cut away container. Using the same cookie cutter used with the dough cut through the sherbet to make a matching sized cylinder. Next slice sherbet and sandwich each slice in between two cookies. Arrange sandwiches on a sheet tray and refreeze until set.