Spread this refreshing compote on toast or stir a spoonful into yogurt.
- step-by-step directions
- 1 pound frozen Peach Slices
- 1 1/2 cups Granulated Sugar
- 3/4 cup Water
- 1 Lemon (juice and zest)
- pinch of Salt
- Combine all of the ingredients in a high-sided saute pan or sauce pot. Heat over medium, stirring until the sugar has dissolved. Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer.
- Cook until the mixture achieves a nice amber color, about an hour at a gentle simmer. Cooking time varies depending on the size of your pan and moisture in the peaches.
- Transfer mixture to a heat proof jar or bowl cool to room temperature. Store in the fridge for up to 1 wk.
Cassava in Coconut Sauce (Mahogo Wa Nazi)
Carbonara with Pecorino Frico
Fried Salami and Fontina Frittata
Calaloo: Crab and Coconut Spinach Stew
Sparkling Ice Black Raspberry "Faux-jito"
Mini Bean Tostadas with Marinated Vegetable Skewers
Yogurt Panna Cotta with Blood Orange Salad