Peach & Tomato Pie
Use this peach-chili jam as a topping for chicken or meat or as a spread for your sandwich.
- step-by-step directions
Peach & Tomato Pie
- 1 prepared Pie Crust
- 3 late harvest Tomatoes (sliced 1/4-inch thick; seeds removed)
- 1 1/2 cups Riccota Cheese
- Granulated Sugar for sprinkling
- 2 teaspoons fresh Thyme leaves (divided)
- 1 tablespoon Lemon zest (divided)
- 2 cups Peach-Chili Jam
For the Peach-Chili Jam:
- Vegetable Oil
- 4 ripe Peaches (pealed and chopped into 1/2-inch chunks)
- 1 teaspoon Red Chili Flakes
- 1/2 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 1/2 cups Water
- 3 tablespoons White Vinegar
- pinch of Salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly oil a sheet tray and arrange tomatoes in a single layer. Season lightly with sugar. Roast for 15 to 20 minutes, until slightly dried.
- Lay the pie crust into a pie dish and crimp the edges. Dock the bottom lightly. Line with parchment and fill with baking bean or baking weights and place into the oven for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and carefully lift out parchment and beans. The beans will be hot! Allow parbaked crust to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, whip together the ricotta with 1 teaspoon thyme leaves and 2 teaspoons lemon zest. Season with a pinch of salt. Spread into the bottom of the cooled crust.
- Spread the peach jam into an even layer and shingle the tomatoes over top. Finish with a sprinkling of the remaining thyme leaves and lemon zest.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until crust is golden brown and tomatoes are soft. Remove from oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes before serving.
- For the Peach-Chili Jam: Heat a high-sided skillet over medium with a few tablespoons of vegetable oil. Add the peaches, chili flakes, salt and sprinkle in the sugar. Stir to combine. Cook for a few minutes until sugar begins to melt and peaches release some juices.
- Pour in the water and vinegar and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer an cook until peaches are tender and liquid has thickened, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool. Store in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
Spaghetti with Ramps and Pecorino
Black-Eyed Peas and Pimento Cheese Nachos
Pork with Gingered Plums
Spicy Fried Shrimp
Cinnamon Raisin Bread Pudding
Blackberry Ricotta Pizza
Flourless Chocolate Cake with Peanut Brittle
Peach and Sriracha Chicken Over Coconut Rice
Quinoa and Shrimp Medley
Skordalia and Roasted Beets
Roasted Carrots and Chickpeas with Feta Vinaigrette