Inspired by her husband's love for the classic PB&J sandwich, Carla took the lunchtime favorite and turned it into a yummy dessert!
Peanut Butter and Jelly Cupcakes
- 1 3/4 cups Cake Flour (spooned and leveled)
- 2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup water (hot)
- 4 tablespoons Unsalted Butter (softened)
- 2/3 cup Creamy Peanut Butter
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/3 cup Canola oil
- 3 Large Eggs (slightly beaten)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- For the Frosting:
- 3 cups Confectioners Sugar
- 1 cup Butter
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 tablespoon Heavy Cream
- 1/4 cup Strawberry Puree
- Strawberry Puree:
- 1 Pint Strawberries
- Combine flour and baking powder in a bowl. Set aside.
- In bowl of standing mixer, combine brown sugar and hot water. Mix on low for a few seconds to dissolve sugar. Add butter, peanut butter, vanilla, and salt to combine. Add in oil.
- On low “stir” in flour gradually. Remove bowl from mixer. Mix eggs and sour cream. Stir mix into batter. Pour into muffin cups.
- Bake at 350 for 18 – 20 minutes until middle of cupcakes spring back. Don’t overcook.
- For Strawberry Puree: Put strawberries in a food processor and pulse until pureed. Strain out the liquid and reserve for frosting.
- For the Frosting: In a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, beat the sugar and butter until well blended, beginning on low and gradually increasing the speed. Add the strawberries, cream, and vanilla and continue to beat until frosting is a spreadable consistency.
- Frost the peanut butter cupcakes with the strawberry buttercream frosting.