The traditional campfire treat is reinvented with homemade shortbread cookies and irresistible peanut butter cream.
Peanut Butter S'mores
- For the Shortbread Cookie:
- 2 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 2 sticks Unsalted Butter
- 1 tablespoon Molasses
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- pinch Salt
- For the Peanut Butter Cream:
- 1 1/2 cups Marshmallow Cream (warmed)
- 1/2 cup Creamy Peanut Butter (warmed)
- Salt to taste
- To Assemble:
- 4 Chocolate Bars (broken into 16 pieces)
- For the Shortbread Cookie: In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, cinnamon and salt. In a large bowl, beat together the butter, molasses and vanilla until thoroughly combined. Continue to beat while adding the flour mixture in three additions, blending just until combined before adding more flour. Fold dough into a disk and wrap in plastic. Chill in the refrigerator for 20 minutes or until ready to roll out.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. On a lightly floured surface roll out dough to 1/4-inch thickness. Use a 2 1/2 inch round cookie cutter to cut out circles. Transfer the circles to a parchment lined baking sheet. Re roll excess dough and cut out more circles. Bake cookies for 15 to 20 minutes or until lightly golden on the edges. Remove and allow to cool completely. Store in an airtight container until ready to serve.
- For the Peanut Butter Cream: In a medium bowl, beat together the marshmallow cream and peanut butter until combined. Re-warm mixture as needed to assist in stirring together. Set aside until ready to serve.
- To Assemble: To assemble the S'mores, place a piece of chocolate on a shortbread cookie and top with a spoonful of peanut butter cream. Sandwich with another cookie and enjoy!