Peanut Butter S'mores
The traditional campfire treat is reinvented with homemade shortbread cookies and irresistible peanut butter cream.
- step-by-step directions
Peanut Butter S'mores
- For the Shortbread Cookie:
- 2 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 2 sticks Unsalted Butter
- 1 tablespoon Molasses
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- pinch Salt
- For the Peanut Butter Cream:
- 1 1/2 cups Marshmallow Cream (warmed)
- 1/2 cup Creamy Peanut Butter (warmed)
- Salt to taste
- To Assemble:
- 4 Chocolate Bars (broken into 16 pieces)
- For the Shortbread Cookie: In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, cinnamon and salt. In a large bowl, beat together the butter, molasses and vanilla until thoroughly combined. Continue to beat while adding the flour mixture in three additions, blending just until combined before adding more flour. Fold dough into a disk and wrap in plastic. Chill in the refrigerator for 20 minutes or until ready to roll out.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. On a lightly floured surface roll out dough to 1/4-inch thickness. Use a 2 1/2 inch round cookie cutter to cut out circles. Transfer the circles to a parchment lined baking sheet. Re roll excess dough and cut out more circles. Bake cookies for 15 to 20 minutes or until lightly golden on the edges. Remove and allow to cool completely. Store in an airtight container until ready to serve.
- For the Peanut Butter Cream: In a medium bowl, beat together the marshmallow cream and peanut butter until combined. Re-warm mixture as needed to assist in stirring together. Set aside until ready to serve.
- To Assemble: To assemble the S'mores, place a piece of chocolate on a shortbread cookie and top with a spoonful of peanut butter cream. Sandwich with another cookie and enjoy!
rate this recipe
Fried Chicken Sandwich
Strawberry Pie with Brown Butter Crust
Spring Quiche with Ham and Asparagus
Palak Paneer (Creamy Spiced Spinach with Cheese)
Pan-Seared Salmon with White Wine Butter Sauce, Broccoli and Sweet Potatoes
Broccoli Cheddar Oatmeal Bake
Roasted Chicken and Pimento Mac and Cheese
Fried Chocolate Cheesecake Stuffed Strawberries
Stout Ice cream
Foolproof Lemon Bars
Basic Roast Chicken