An easy, Asian-inspired peanut sauce!
Daphne Oz's Peanut Sauce
- 2 Cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Szechuan peppercorns (ground)
- 1 teapsoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 5 tablespoons chunky peanut butter
- 1 tablespon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- Dash of hot sauce (to taste)
- Splash rice vinegar (to taste)
- Toasted sesame oil (to taste)
- Saute the garlic and spices in olive oil until garlic is soft and spices are fragrant, about 2 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine the garlic and spices with peanut butter, maple syrup, and soy sauce; mix well. Slowly add in the coconut milk until you reach your desired consistency. Season with hot sauce, acid, and toasted sesame oil to taste.
- Serve with your favorite chicken satay.