The perfect fall dessert!
Mario Batali's Pear Tart Tatin
- 4-5 Ripe and Firm Pears (peeled and cored and then halved lengthwise)
- 4 tablespoons Butter
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 Package Quality Puff Pastry (thawed)
- Vanilla Ice Cream to serve
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large ovenproof saute pan melt butter over medium-high heat. Once bubbling sprinkle in sugar.
- Add pears to pan cut-side down. Cook until sugar begins to turn light golden brown.
- Top with puff pastry tucking edges into the pan.
- Transfer to preheated oven and cook for 25 minutes or until pastry is golden brown.
- Place the serving side of a larger flat platter over pan. Platter should be larger than the pan. Carefully flip platter and pan to reveal tarte. Serve with ice cream.