In a word ... yum!
Mayim Bialik's Pecan Pie Truffles
- 2 1/2 cups toasted pecans (finely chopped)
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/4 cup bourbon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 7 ounces dark chocolate
- In a medium bowl, stir together the chopped pecans, graham cracker crumbs, brown sugar, and salt until well combined.
- Add the maple syrup, bourbon, and vanilla and stir well. USE YOUR HANDS to make sure it's fully incorporated!
- Form into walnut (or smaller) sized balls and place on a cookie sheet. Freeze for at least 2 hours.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, silpat, or wax paper. Melt the chocolate (in a double boiler, candy melter, or the microwave) and dip the truffles into the chocolate (all the way, or just half is fun, too) and place them on the prepared baking sheet. Let sit for 15 minutes. Store at room temperature in an airtight container.