Mario Batali's Pepperoni Pan Pizza
- 1 1/2 to 2 poundsPizza Dough
- 4 ounces Tomato Paste
- Red Chili Flakes to taste
- Salt to taste
- 1/4 cup pitted Olives
- 1 pound Mozzarella (shredded)
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced Pepperoni
- Olive Oil
- Capers to taste
- torn Basil to garnish
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. While oven is preheating place a 9x13 cake pan in to heat.
- Remove the cake pan from the oven and grease with olive oil. Gently work the dough into a thick even layer in the pan by pressing and pulling. The dough should fill most of the baking sheet.
- Spread the tomato paste over the dough and season with salt and chili flakes if desired. Sprinkle on the olives and mozzarella top with pepperoni and capers. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until the dough is crispy and golden brown. Remove from oven, top with basil and allow to cool slighty before cutting and serving.