With the calorie-filled summer dishes this pasta salad will be a welcome break for your waistline. Plus, it tastes great.
Perfect Potluck Pasta Salad
- For the Salad:
- 1 1/2 pounds red and green bell peppers - about 3 large (cut into 1 1/2-inch wide strips)
- 1 1/2 pounds zucchini and yellow summer squash (cut lengthwise into 1/3-inch slices)
- 1 medium red onion (cut into 1/4-inch thick rounds)
- 1 pound whole wheat fusilli
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove (peeled and cut into thirds)
- 1 pound cherry tomatoes (halved)
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped lemon thyme
- 1/4 cup dill
- 1/4 cup chives
- 2 tablespoon drained capers
- 1 pound bocconcini mozzarella
For the Dressing:
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- For the Salad: Prepare barbecue (medium heat). Brush both sides of bell peppers, squash, onion, and zucchini lightly with olive oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Grill vegetables until tender and brown, about 4 minutes per side for peppers and squash and 3 minutes per side for onion.
- In a large pot with salted water cook pasta according to package instructions. Place in a large bowl. Cut grilled vegetables into 1-inch pieces; add to pasta in bowl.
- For the Dressing: Whisk lemon juice, red wine vinegar and lemon zest in small bowl to blend. Gradually whisk in 1/3-cup oil. Season dressing to taste with salt and pepper.
- To Assemble: Add dressing, tomatoes with juices, and all remaining ingredients to salad; toss. Let stand 20 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
Similar categories: Appetizers, Starters & Snacks