Your favorite with less calories!
Daphne Oz's Deliteful Philly Cheese Steak
- 1 1/2 pound Flank Steak
- Salt and Pepper
- 5 tablespoon Olive Oil (separated)
- 2 Onions (sliced thinly)
- 1/2 pound Mushrooms
- 8 slices Mozzarella
- 4 Whole Wheat Buns
- Mayonnaise for buns
- Preheat a grillpan to medium-high heat. Drizzle the flank steak with about 3 tablespoons olive oil on either side and season generously with salt and pepper. Grill on 5-6 minutes per side for medium-rare. Set aside to rest.
- Meanwhile, heat two tablespoons olive oil over medium heat and add the onions and mushrooms. Season and then sauté, allowing the mushrooms to release their liquid and for onions to soften, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Preheat a griddle to medium-high heat. Toast buns on griddle, spread with mayonnaise.
- Slice steak and divide into 4 piles on the griddle, top with two cheese slices to warm through and melt the cheese.
- Transfer each mound into a toasted bun and top with some of the onions and mushrooms. Top with your favorite condiments like hot sauce of worchestshire sauce.