A tasty twist on a classic dish, Michael's pickle fried chicken is inspired by one of his favorite films, Tombstone!
Pickle Fried Chicken
- 6 each Chicken Legs and Chicken Thighs
- 1 large jar Spicy Garlic Pickles
- 1/2 cup Flour
- Oil (to fry)
- 2 cups Buttermilk
- In a zip bag, brine the chicken in the pickle juice for 2-12 hours. Reserve pickles.
- In a deep cast iron skillet, heat enough oil to submerge chicken to 360F.
- Drain the chicken. Dip in buttermilk and dredge the chicken lightly in flour seasoned with salt and pepper.
- Fry the chicken for 4 to 5 minutes, until golden brown. Drain on a paper towel lined plate.
- With the pickles, slice into coins if necessary, dip in buttermilk and dredge lightly and then fry for 30-60 seconds, until golden brown and crisp, and then drain to a paper towel lined plate.
- Serve the chicken and pickles together.