Dust your pastry with a sweet cinnamon sugar mixture or a savory Parmesan spice combo.
- step-by-step directions
- For the Pie Dippers:
- 1 tablespoon Granulated Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 2/3 cup Water
- 2 sticks Unsalted Butter (cold and cut into 1/2-inch cubes)
- 4 cups All-Purpose Flour (plus more for dusting)
For the Toppings:
- Cinnamon Sugar
- Poppy Seeds
- Parmesan Spice
For the Cinnamon Sugar:
- 1/2 cup Granulated Sugar
- 2 teaspoons Cinnamon
For the Parmesan Spice:
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
- 1 teaspoon freshly cracked Black Pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Paprika
- For the Pie Dippers: Store your butter and flour in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- Combine the sugar, salt and water in a liquid measuring cup. Place in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- Using an electric mixture or pastry cutter, mix together the butter and flour in a large mixing bowl. Once the butter is about the size of small peas pour in the water mixture and work together until fully combined. Make sure not to overwork the dough. Divide the dough into 2 equal discs and cover with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for 1 hour or up to one day. This dough can be stored in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Remove dough from the fridge and roll out on a lightly floured surface to 1/4-inch thickness. Using a fluted pastry wheel cut 1 inch wide strips. Cut the strips to 4 inches in length. Transfer the strips to a parchment lined sheet tray. Brush with melted butter and sprinkle with the topping of your choice.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, until golden brown. Remove from oven and allow to cool. Serve with your favorite dipping sauce.
- For the Toppings: Cinnamon Sugar with Peach Preserves; Poppy Seed with Lemon Curd; Parmesan Spice with Marinara Sauce.
- For the Cinnamon Sugar: Mix in a medium bowl until well combined.
- For the Parmesan Spice: Mix in a medium bowl until well combined.
Stuffed Sweet Potatoes with Curried Yogurt and Scallions
Poached Pears with Mascarpone Cream
Apple Cider Donut Bread Pudding
Bella Notte Spaghetti
Ratatouille Tarte Tatin
Corned Beef Sandwich Bread Pudding
Fiesta Corn Dip
Grilled Pizza Margherita
Pickle-Brined Fried Chicken Biscuit
Prosciutto and Apple Stuffed Chicken Legs with Sauteed Swiss Chard
Jalapeno Popper Dip
Chicago-Style Polish Sausage