You have to try Michael's pierogi ? they're a Cleveland favorite!
- step-by-step directions
- Pierogi Dough
- 1 Egg
- 3/4 cup Sour Cream
- 8 tablespoon Unsalted Butter (softened)
- 1 tablespoon Fresh Chives (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 2 cups All-Purpose Flour (plus more for rolling dough)
For Filling and Serving
- 2 cups Mashed Potatoes
- 2 Medium Yellow Onions (sliced thinly and evenly)
- Sour Cream (to serve)
- 1/2 cup Farmer's Cheese
- 3 tablespoon Butter
- Make the Pierogi Dough: To make the dough, work the egg, sour cream, butter (8 tablespoons), chives, and salt together by hand to form a dough. Don't worry if the mixture is not uniform and, as with pie dough, don't overwork it. Add flour and mix thoroughly with your hands until a dough forms. Wrap in plastic and refrigerate the dough for at least 2 hours or up to 2 days.
- Split the dough in half, reserve the remaining dough.
- Roll out the dough on a lightly floured work surface to a 1/8-inch thickness and cut it into 3-inch rounds. Add all of the cheese to the mashed potatoes to make the filling. Spoon about 1 tablespoon of filling onto each round, being careful not to overstuff. Fold the dough over into half-moons and press the edges with a fork to seal them.
- To caramelize the onions, heat 3 tablespoons butter over medium heat. Once hot, add the onions, arrange into an even layer, and season with salt. Cook the onions, stirring occasionally to ensure even cooking, until caramelized, about 15 minutes.
- Bring a large salted pot of water to a boil. Add the pierogi and cook until they float, then cook for 4 minutes once they have begun to float. Drain well in a colander, reserving a cup of the cooking water.
- Add the cooked pierogi to the pan with the caramelized onions, add a splash of the cooking water. To serve, top with sour cream.
California Veggie Burger
Spaghetti Squash Latkes
Apple Cider Donuts
Spiced Turkey Meatloaf
Kielbasa with Beer and Onions
Baked Orzo with Turkey Meatballs
Vegan Pumpkin Banana Muffins
Cobb Salad Baked Potato
Jamaican Curry Patties
Sweet Potato, Corn and Wild Rice Enchiladas
Hardy's Hearty Lasagna