Dig into this tasty fish salad!
Planked King Salmon with Cucumbers and Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/4 Cup plus 3 tablespoons Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 King Salmon Fillets (about 8 ounces each with the skin on)
- Kosher Salt and freshly ground Black Pepper (to taste)
- 1 English Cucumber (halved and then seeded and cut on the diagonal into 1/4-inch half-moons)
- 1 Shallot (thinly sliced)
- 1/4 cup Red Wine Vinegar
- 2 teaspoon Sugar
- 2 Scallions (white parts only - thinly sliced)
- 1 teaspoon Mustard Seeds
- 1 teaspoon Pink Peppercorns
- 2 tablespoons 12-year-aged Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 tablespoons mustard
- Preheat a cast iron skilled over medium high heat until smoking hot. Season the salmon fillets with salt and pepper and brush with olive oil. Carefully place the fish fillets skin side down in the skillet. Cook for 3-5 minutes, until the skin is crispy, and then flip the salmon fillets over and cook for 1 minute.
- While the fish is cooking, place the cucumbers in a bowl and add the shallots, the remaining 3 tablespoons of olive oil, the red wine vinegar, sugar, scallions, mustard, mustard seeds, and pink peppercorns. Season with salt and pepper and stir to mix well.
- Once the salmon is cooked to medium rare, remove from the skillet. Divide the cucumbers evenly among four plates, place one fillet atop each portion of cucumbers, skin side up, drizzle with the balsamic vinegar, and serve.