Cheesy Noodles with Poblanos and Jalapenos
Jewel's Spicy Roasted Poblano Mac n Cheese
- 1 1/2 pounds Elbow Noodles
- 3 Poblano Peppers
- Olive Oil
- 1 Yellow Onion (chopped)
- 1 Jalapeno (minced)
- 2 Garlic cloves (minced)
- cracked Black Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Red Chile Flake
- 2 teaspoons fresh Oregano leaves
- 1 cup Mexican Crema
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook noodles according to package instructions. Drain, reserving a cup of pasta water.
- Carefully cook poblanos directly over a gas flame until blackened on all sides, about 6 to 7 minutes. Alternatively, place on a baking sheet and broil, turning every few minutes, until blackened on all sides, about 10 to 12 minutes. Transfer roasted peppers to a plastic or paper bag to steam for 5 minutes. Once cooled, remove blackened skin, stem and seeds. Dice pepper.
- Heat a large pot with a few tablespoons of oil over medium-high. Saute onions with salt, until soft, about 2 to 3 minutes. Add jalapenos and cook for 2 minutes before adding garlic. Season with chile flake, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Remove from heat and stir in cooked pasta, poblanos and crema. Adjust consistency with reserved pasta water, if needed. Serve warm.